Monday, March 29, 2010

Dear Lorinda,

It's Spring Break and I'm SO excited!! Oh wait, I don't have any kids in school so it's just like any other week.

How was your weekend? Mine was quite good. It started out with a good dinner Friday night. You may have had a million calories in one day on Thursday, but I had a million in one meal Friday night! We went to Olive Garden. As you know you get salad and bread sticks with your meal, however, we couldn't resist ordering an appetizer. I can't remember the name of the appetizer, but it was amazing and thinking of it now makes me want to go back and get it again...RIGHT NOW!!! Then we ate the salad and bread sticks. Then our dinner came, and by that point we were pretty much full. However, we still ordered a dessert! I don't know what was wrong with us. Ok, maybe I was the one that really wanted the dessert. I can't remember the name of the dessert either, but they were fluffy little Italian donuts that came with chocolate, raspberry, and caramel dipping sauce. I mean really, can you believe we ate all that in one sitting? See, a million calories!!

After dinner we went bowling. It's been a couple of years since Jud and I went bowling. It was a lot of fun, but of course a lost, which meant I had to give Jud a massage. That's what I suggested we play for, and of course he agreed because he knew I would lose! Can you believe he'd take advantage of me like that?

Saturday morning our family ventured out to go on a little hike. Unfortunately, we didn't realize how cold it was outside. Poor little JT was freezing by the end of it, and I felt guilty since I was the one that suggested we do it. Then, after we went home and little JT had a nap, Jud took him to Home Depot while I went out to some antique stores. Unfortunately by that time it was almost time for them to close, but I still enjoyed it. I got little JT the most darling little hat from the 1950's. Unfortunately when I say little, it is so little that it doesn't fit little JT. But for only $5 I don't regret the purchase and I know that there will be other little ones that came along that will be able to wear it before it's too small for them. One of the cutest parts about the hat was that it still had the original sales tags on it. One the inside was the tag that said the hat was $1.98, and on the outside was a bigger tag that said "SPECIAL SALE....98 cents"

Of course we had church yesterday. The parts that I got to hear were good. Little JT was on one yesterday and it was impossible to sit through the meeting with him.

So that was my weekend. Was it way more than you wanted to hear about? I do apologize. It just feels nice sometimes to have another adult to "talk" to about what I've been up to.

I've been thinking about your asking for my suggestions to add to your Friday Pizza Night and Saturday Night Lunch. My only suggestions are Monday Night Breakfast and Wednesday Night Appetizers. But if I think of anything more, I'll let you know. I was going to suggest a soup night, but I think the weather is getting a little too warm for that. But perhaps that could be a night instituted during the Fall and Winter seasons.

Sorry this letter is so long! Hopefully you made it through with out falling asleep.

XO
Ani

No comments:

Post a Comment