Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Ani-

It was good hearing from you.

I must say, I look at daylight savings the same way you look at getting old, it's a part of life. Although it did mess me up yesterday because I like to have dinner on the table when Gary walks in from work and all of a sudden I had only 1/2 hour to get it done and my internal clock was telling me I had an hour more than that. :) And my little girls are laying in bed at night having hard time falling asleep, but we'll get the hang of it, we always do.

The other day you and I were on the phone and I had the thought smack me in the face harder than any other time- that you and I are in different seasons of life. That's such a weird phase to me because they are not words I would usually use- different seasons in life. Ugh. It doesn't sound like something I would say, does it? I think it makes me a little nauseous. And it's not that we aren't, but it just sounds so..... Anyways, getting side tracked. ( something shiny!) But you were saying something that was about a toddler, I remember those days but... And then I was saying something about a 16 year old girl, and the only thing you can draw from that is being 16 once, not the mother of one. Then you mention something that speaks of young marriage and I speak of something about a 20 year old son. (okay, not that last sentence, that was just an example of how it felt)

Not that there is anything wrong with (gag) being in different seasons of life.... just sayin'.

Speaking of reading A Girl Named Zippy again, I've never been able to read any book a second time. Except the Scriptures, of course. I've tried but I just can't. I think it's the whole 'so many books, so little time' thing that prevents me from being able to.

Guess what I get to do this weekend? I get to go camping! Wa-hoooooo!! It'll be me and a few other leaders and a bunch of 16 and 17 year old teen aged girls. And games. And a camp fire. And s'mores. And cold night time weather. And a sleeping bag on the ground.

Have I told you lately how much I am digging Friday night being Pizza Night and Saturday night being Saturday Night Lunch, so much so that I am thinking of a Breakfast Night, Pasta Night, New Recipe Night, Hamburger Helper Night (just kidding), Kid's Choice Night, Cold Cereal Night (kidding again, Gary would never allow that!) etc.? Is that crazy, or what? I am really really liking knowing (somewhat) what's for dinner. If someone suggested this to me I would have said, "no way, no how, could I do that!" and yet I am doing it and loving it. I wonder how long that will last?

Speaking of dinner, I need to run to the store. I've decided to do a St. Patrick's Day dinner tonight and tomorrow. I saw two recipes I want to try and I couldn't pick just one. :)

Much love to all,
Lorinda

No comments:

Post a Comment