Friday, November 20, 2009

Dear Lorinda,

For the sake of Thanksgiving, I am not going to speak of Christmas too much yet. Only to say this: I LOVE buying gifts for others! It is one of my favorite things about Christmas! I also think it's silly that you can't get me the perfect gift just because you didn't draw my name. I didn't draw your name for Halloween, but I still saw the perfect gift for you and got you an early Halloween present the other day!

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I've been trying to think of the things that I'm thankful for. And today, I am thankful for the opportunity that I will have to go on a date with my husband tonight! It's been far too long since he and I have been able to go on regular dates. That is going to change now. I talked to the babysitter that watched little JT a couple weeks ago, and she will be babysitting every Friday night that she doesn't have a family or church obligation. I'm so excited about this! Jud and I will finally get to go on dates again, and we won't have to worry about finding a babysitter each week. The weeks when she can't babysit will just give us an opportunity to save a little money for the next time we go out.

Little JT is doing great. In the past couple of days he's started giving me kisses. Well, to be more accurate, I can say "give me a kiss," and he will turn to me with the sweetest look on his face and let me plant a big one on him! It's the cutest little thing! I'm pretty sure he misses you. The other day he noticed a photograph on the shelf and pointed to it. It's the one with all of us sisters together. I got it down and was holding it for him to look at, and he kept pointing at everyone and I would tell them who they were. He pointed at you and Darla the most. That must mean he misses you, right?

I must be going. I still need to get the guest bedroom in order for our visitor next Monday, and I'm trying for once to not wait until the day someone gets here to finish.

I hope that you and your family have a most splendid weekend!

XO
Ani

No comments:

Post a Comment