Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Dear Lorinda,

Jud's brother is coming for Thanksgiving. He is doing an internship in NYC, so he is going to take a bus down next week to visit with us. Thanksgiving day we will be having dinner at cousin Chris' house. I'm looking forward to all the yummy food. Oh, and of course spending time with family!

So one of the problems with my frustrations with church is that Jud is in primary. So we only get to switch off on the months that he doesn't teach. Those months, he gets to take little JT during the third hour. But during those months where Jud is teaching, well, they are just really long months. I know it will pass. But according to my calculations, it will be years...and years and years before it passes. I just hope I make it through.

Yesterday little JT and I met up with Jud at a store near his work. There was a little fast food restaurant there, and we decided to grab a quick lunch. There was the cutest old couple sitting there having lunch together. I couldn't help but stare at them. The wife was reading a book, and the husband was just sitting there. Every now and again, he'd go up to the counter to get something else, or deposit something in the trash. He got a cookie and I watched them share it. I realized that I wasn't the only person who couldn't stop watching them. There were several other women who were enjoying it too. I said to Jud "That will be us one day." He turned around, said "yeah" in a very uninterested tone, and that was that. Men! Apparently they could care less about cute old couples, and the thought of growing old with their wives!

It's ok though. I understand that men don't think the same way us women do. Jud picked up JT, then grabbed our tray of trash to deposit in in the trash can. The little old man was standing behind Jud waiting to do the same thing and said to Jud "Good thing you didn't throw him in there," speaking of little JT. Wasn't that the cutest?

Anyways, I'm rambling now. I'm glad Naomi came home happy yesterday and that everything worked out. And I just cannot believe you found those bowls for $8 a piece! I'm glad I found them for you at the price I did.

I must be going now. Little JT is feeling neglected. Enjoy your day!

XO
Ani

No comments:

Post a Comment