Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Dear Lorinda,

I think it's so great that you take Naomi and Zoe trick-or-treating at the retirement community! I can just imagine how excited the residents there are to have any kind of visitors. It warms my heart to think of it.

I'm feeling better as far as the nasty cold I had. I have a little bit of a cough still, but I really feel good enough to get out and do stuff. In fact, I was so tired of sitting home and not feeling like getting out very much, that I just want to go and do stuff all day long. Little JT doesn't share that desire. But that's ok. We've compromised.

Yesterday was a sad day for me. My friend, Jessica, is moving to Hawaii at the end of this week, and we had lunch together for the last time for who knows how long. Before I got married she and I spent a lot of time together and she is one of my dearest friends. I feel like I have no one now. One of my friends moved back to Canada last year, another moved to Germany, and now Jessica is going to Hawaii. When my friends move, they MOVE. And I just have the "life's not fair" mentality sinking in. I miss having best friends that I can call up at anytime to just talk. Or who I can call up and have them go to a movie, or shopping, or hang out with me. This is a big part of why I'm still in my funk. Hopefully I can dig myself out of it soon. Cause it's no fun.

I've recently decided that I need to be a better wife. I decided one of the ways I can be a better wife is by being a wife who knows how to, and does make bread and rolls. From a very young age I've enjoyed baking. But my love of sweets kept me in the cookie and cake department. I think now is the time to give bread and rolls a shot. I don't know when I will have my first bread/roll baking experiment, but hopefully it will be soon. Didn't you mention that you have a good recipe for rolls? If so, I would love to have it.

It's JT's nap time right now, so I should probably take advantage of this free time. I've been thinking that maybe buying some new clothes will help me get out of this funk. What do you think? Do you have any suggestions?

XO
Ani

No comments:

Post a Comment