Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Dear Lorinda,

I'm still feeling under the weather. My whole entire body doesn't hurt like it did yesterday, but I still don't feel well. And when I say my whole body, I do mean MY WHOLE BODY! Who knew it was possible for hair follicles to hurt and be sore? I didn't. I just want my dear mother to comfort me and nurse me back to health. Is that strange? Am I the only adult who still wants her mother when she is ill? Or is this a common desire for someone who is in my current state? All I know is, I'm pretty sure I'd be better by now if mom was here.

Little JT didn't take his first nap today. I put him in his crib, and he was in there for 2 hours and didn't sleep. Don't you worry, I didn't allow him to cry for 2 hours. I could hear him and he was just playing and enjoying himself. It wasn't until the last 15 minutes or so that he got upset and started crying a bit. I was so looking forward to his first nap so I could take a nice long nap myself. Instead I kept waiting to hear him fall asleep, which as I said, didn't occur. Which reminds me once again that life just isn't fair. Even when we need to stop and rest, that doesn't mean the circumstances around us will allow for it. In fact, it life with a child rarely allows for rest and relaxation.

I should probably bring this pity party to a close. It's very rare for others to be in attendance at someone else's pity party, so I apologize for forcing you to attend. I promise to be much more pleasant the next time I write.

XO
Ani

No comments:

Post a Comment