Thursday, October 22, 2009

Dear Ani,

I am so sorry you are still under the weather. I've been there, I've been ill with a toddler. And it's nothing like being ill with kids who are school age. Sure, there is still work to be done, but there are several hours to heal while kids are away before you do some work. You remind me often of how far I've come in this thing they call mothering. Not that it's easier in general, but the being ill part is definitely easier.

I have a great concern right now. Tonight I have an important meeting in which there will be training. They concerning part is that I will be doing some of the training. I feel inadequate. I feel sure that I will be training a group of women who should be training me. So I am a jittery mess at the moment who can hardly concentrate on anything other than my worries about tonight. I would much rather cook to feed 200 or more again. Work is easy. Sound intelligent is a whole other story.

On a lighter note, Tamara and her little guy are planning to visit tomorrow and I am thinking that it will finally work out. It's been on and off for a while. I am looking forward to the visit. We will miss you of course and think of how nice it would be if you could live closer to home.

I've been thinking about it a lot lately with the Holidays coming. About how you will not be with us. Do tell, if you would, what you plan on JT being for Halloween. Do you know I have the cutest Dalmatian costume (a well made one, unlike the cheap ones you see nowadays) that I could loan you if you were closer? I got it when Wes was JT's age and I do believe all of my children have worn it. Just the costume and black eye liner around the eye is all it takes to make a cute puppy for the occasion.

I hope that your next letter is filled with good news regarding your health.

Much love to you,
Lorinda

P.S. Not to be rude and brag, but tonights dessert
after the meeting is Pumpkin Cheesecake. Would
you speak in front of a crowd for Pumpkin Cheesecake?
I admit, I would too!

No comments:

Post a Comment