Friday, October 23, 2009

Dear Lorinda,

Unfortunately, I once again have to say, I'm still not feeling well. Now I have the dreaded cough. That dry cough that only makes your throat hurt more and more every time. I would say it's the worst part of whatever this is that I'm enduring, but it's all the worst part in my opinion.

Last night, being the dear husband that he is, Jud went out to get me some cough medicine. It wasn't late, but he was already in his pajamas, so I was thankful he was willing to put on his big boy pants and go to the store for his poor ailing wife. He came back with some Nyquil. Now, I should remind you, it's been nearly 2 years that I haven't been able to take much more than Tylonel. I think because of that, when I take such strong medicines, it really hits me. I immediately took some after he got home because I'd been coughing so much and was hoping for any kind of relief. We had just started watching one of our favorite TV programs, and I also had crochet work on my lap I was working on a little at a time. About five minutes after I had taken the medicine I picked up my little crochet project and started to work when all of a sudden my whole body began to feel very relaxed. I could barely move my hands!! The Nyquil had certainly kicked in! I still had a little cough, but it wasn't nearly as bad, and I didn't mind feeling so relaxed. Thank goodness for medicine!

I'm certain your training went better last night than you think! Everyone has something they can say to benefit others, even if they don't have as much experience. I'm willing to bet that you did a great job and that those you trained were grateful for the wisdom you imparted on them.

Poor Jud had to be at work at 3 this morning!! He claimed last night that he would come home early today because of it, but it's already after noon and I haven't heard from him. I do hope he comes home soon so he can get some rest!

I hope you have a great weekend. No plans here. I'm hoping to get a lot of rest so I can get back to normal. But I think you, however, should do something exciting and tell me about it so I can live vicariously through you.

XO
Ani

No comments:

Post a Comment