Friday, October 9, 2009

Dear Lorinda

I'm so glad the weekend has practically arrived. I don't know what it was about this week, but it has seemed to crawl by. I'm looking forward to this weekend, and I'm hoping Jud will take me on a little adventure. There is one of two things I'm hoping we'll do. I would like to take little JT to a pumpkin patch, or I'd like to go to a small town up in Maryland that has a bunch of antique stores. Actually, doing both would make me happy! I'm sure there is a pumpkin patch on the way up to Maryland that we could go to.

I have to admit, I don't know that we would can together if I lived down there. I'm not a canner. I've never done it in my lifetime, and even though I see the benefits of it, I don't see myself getting into it at the time. But since you are so into autumn and not getting it in your current location I think you should move up here to Virginia. You will get an autumn here. I will even make you a promise. If you move up here to Virginia, I will can with you whenever you want. I will even take you to the cannery! What do you say? Want to move your family here to Virginia?

Unfortunately JT decided to wake up at 5:40 this morning. Not that we got up then. He started crying, but I fell back asleep. When I woke up some time later, he was still awake. He wasn't crying, but was making a lot of noise. I didn't get him out of his crib until a lot later because I kept hoping he'd fall back asleep, but he probably only slept for about 30 minutes. Do you know what that makes for? A very grumpy baby. From the time I got him up I was just looking forward to the time he took his nap.

Something unfortunate happened yesterday. I went to World Market looking for all things pumpkin. I was excited when I saw pumpkin ale! I like ginger ale so I was sure to love pumpkin ale. I stood there trying to decide which route to go. Do I spend $7.99 for eight bottles, or do I buy one bottle for $1.99 just to be extra sure I like it. I was having a hard time deciding and for some reason thought that looking at the ingredients would help me decide. I picked up a single bottle and as I was looking to find the ingredients, I came a across a warning. It was a warning of the dangers to some people of drinking alcoholic beverages! It was beer! I can't even tell you how disappointed I was. And I can't even describe how unfair I think it is that just because I don't drink alcoholic beverages, I don't get to enjoy a pumpkin flavored drink. It was very unfortunate. And I'm glad I didn't accidentally buy it. Although, as I told Jud, I'm sure the cashier would have asked for my I.D. and then I would have realized the mistake.

I hope you have a great weekend! Maybe you should do something to make it feel more like autumn for you. Perhaps you should find a pumpkin patch yourself to go to and enjoy.

XO
Ani

No comments:

Post a Comment