Monday, October 5, 2009

Dear Lorinda,

I hope you had a great weekend like I did. It was a nice relaxing weekend and it was nice to be able to enjoy General Conference. I am quite jealous that you got to South Carolina for the weekend. I wish we were close enough to be able to do that often!

Saturday night we had friends over for dinner. I made chili, since it is officially chili eating season. This chili was made with pork, which I liked. I also made a very delicious pumpkin dessert. It is most definitely officially pumpkin eating season, and I plan to eat as many pumpkin related things as possible!! Our guests absolutely loved the dessert. I believe we all had seconds, and a couple of us even had thirds.

Today I have a busy day ahead of me. Hopefully I will be able to accomplish everything that I want to. But there are two specific things that I want to make sure I accomplish.

First, when I put little JT down for his nap, I plan to go outside and plant some bulbs. I've never done it before. However, this past spring I made a comment to my neighbor about how lovely the flowers were in her yard. She said that she didn't do anything. She just planted bulbs one year and the tulips keep coming back! How great is that. That is my kind of gardening. I don't mind planting something once, especially if it brings pretty flowers every spring. So now is bulb planting time, and I will be planting some tulips and alliums. Now here I am, barely into fall, and I can't wait until spring when I will hopefully have beautiful flowers blooming in front of my house.

Second, after JT wakes up from his nap and we have lunch we will be going shopping for some fun fall/Halloween decorations. So far all I have is a couple of corn husk pumpkins, and a pumpkin picture frame with a picture of little JT from his first Halloween wearing a pumpkin hat. I love decorations way too much to only have those things out. I need more. Jud doesn't understand my desire for holiday decor, but hopefully one day he will come around.

So to that end, I must be going so I can hopefully accomplish more than those two things today. Why is there always so much to do?

Tell me about Naomi's birthday. I hope you were able to get it all together, seeing as how when I was there, you didn't realize how quickly her birthday was coming up.

XO
Ani

No comments:

Post a Comment