Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Dear Lorinda,

I heard about you dropping Naomi's cake, and I cannot believe it! But what I can't believe even more than that is that it landed right side up! With a candle still burning no less! That is pure luck. Thank goodness the cake wasn't ruined. That wouldn't make for a very good 11th birthday, if you ask me.

I hope you go get some "blubs"!! Then you can look forward to spring for the same reason I am. There is nothing like seeing the fruit of your labors! But I have to admit, I didn't plant many. Our Virginia soil is...well, it's not soil. It's red clay. Old houses up here aren't made out of red rock for nothing. So I planted six "blubs" before deciding that it would be wrong of me to have fun planting them all by myself, and I should wait and let Jud plant the rest. I would hate to be selfish and not let him in on the fun!

While I was out doing my fall/Halloween decor shopping on Monday, I remembered something. Last year much after the fall/Halloween season, Jud and I were at a store that had that seasons stuff marked WAY down. They didn't have much to choose from, but I got a couple of things. It made me happy remembering that since Jud set a pretty low budget for my shopping on Monday. I did get a couple of really cute things though.

I don't have anything planned for today. It's nice to have days like this every now and again. Seeing as how the past two days I didn't eat lunch until 3 and 4 because I was trying so hard to get things done, I'm looking forward to relaxing today and eating lunch at noon, like I'm supposed to!

XO
Anitra

No comments:

Post a Comment