Thursday, October 1, 2009

Dear Lorinda,

After being in the warm weather of South Carolina, it was a little shocking when I came home to Virginia and found that I needed a light jacket. I do love fall as much as the next person, but I just don't think I'm ready for the weather to be that cool already. Not to mention that I heard our winter will be very cold, which makes me sad.

I must tell you a funny story. However, I'm not sure that you will think it's funny. It's a possibility that I found it funny out of necessity because I would have cried otherwise because I was just so tired. Let me explain.

Little JT and I got home Tuesday around 5. He still takes two naps a day, but with traveling he only got one nap. As I was getting him ready for bed and doing our nightly routine, he fell asleep. I thought it was great and that he would sleep soundly all night long and hopefully even sleep in. About an hour after he went down, he cried for about a minute. Not long after, he cried for about a minute more. He's been sleeping through the night for some time, so I knew something must be wrong. As I was about to go to sleep myself JT started crying, and this time he went on for much longer than a minute. I was so very tired and I started to feel like I was in for a long night. I went in and gave him some medicine and put him back down. He was none too happy with me. And he cried for about twenty minutes when I finally decided to go back in there. By this time it was midnight and I wanted nothing more than to be cozy in my bed finally next to my husband after being gone for nearly a week.

I held him, I rocked him, and I loved on him. He'd be fine for a minute, and then he'd get all wiggly and fussy. All I could think about was how badly I wanted to be asleep. Then I realized it must be gas. Poor fella has this problem a bit. Now here's the thing: the only way I can successfully help him extricate the gas for his wittle body is by turning him upside and folding him in half. I know this sounds quite peculiar. I actually figured this out on accident while playing with him one day. But it's worked successfully on many occasions. However, I've never had to do it in the middle of the night while sitting in his dark room wishing that we were all sleeping peacefully. I debated whether or not I should do it since I was worried it may rile him up a little bit. But after trying a few other things that didn't work while he continued to get more impatient I decided a momma's gotta do what a momma's gotta do.

Sitting there, in the silence of his comfy bedroom, I layed him in my lap, then carefully turned him upside down, held him at his hips and let his chubby little legs fold into his body. And there, in the quiet of his comfy little bedroom rumbling toots escaped from his little bum. I flipped him right side up and he seemed a little happier. Just for good measure, I turned him upside down again, and it was a good thing I did because there was one more toot that needed vacating.

I couldn't help but laugh. I turned little JT right side up once more, hugged on him, put him down in his crib and he slept like a baby the remainder of the night. Such an easy solution, if only I'd done it sooner.

Is it just me? Was that a horribly boring story and not funny at all? I do apologize if I wasted your time on such a silly story.

Yesterday I stayed in my pajamas all day and it was lovely. I really needed a day like that. Now it's back to real life after my nice little vacation.


P.S. I can't believe you would even ask me what song that's from!! Ladies night!

No comments:

Post a Comment