Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Dear Ani,

I am envious of your weekend, pumpkins and farm animals and family. I do believe that's as good as it gets.

Zoe is doing better and is at school probably sifting through sand to find some gems as I write. She's been looking forward to this for a couple of weeks now. I am so glad she was able to make it.

I was suppose to have some visitors today. Tamara was suppose to drive down with her little BenBen and spend the day with me but her little guy got sick. I was looking forward to some time with our sister and nephew. We are hoping he'll be better soon and she'll be able to come this coming Monday. It's such a dreary day today and Monday is suppose to be just right, so maybe it's for the best.

We have a most exciting event coming this Saturday. The youth of our church in this area have put on a Fall Carnival event for mentally handicapped adults for years. (We've been trying to see how far back this wonderful tradition goes and nobody seems to remember) It is such a sweet service the teenagers give. I have been put in charge of feeding the 200 people we expect for lunch. We settled on a cheesy vegetable soup and grilled sandwiches and an hour ago I discovered I don't have access to a couple of large soup pots that I thought I did. Three hundred cups of soup is a lot of soup, especially when it's realized in the 11th hour that there aren't pots for the soup. Surely things will come together, they have to, but in the meantime this latest issue has me a little nervous. That and the 100 potatoes I will be peeling and dicing Friday.

I must close this letter now, for I have much to do. Making room in my refrigerator for soup ingredients being at the top of my list.

Sincerely,
Lorinda

No comments:

Post a Comment