Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Ani-

How are you? How was your weekend? How is the weather? It's warm here in Georgia. We are expected to reach 70 degrees. It doesn't much feel like January, but it's nice to save on the electric bill. (that's the best I can do to make myself okay with January not feeling like January)

Everything is fine here. Yesterday I took the children to the movies and Rae and Nolan saw The Lovely Bones. Did you end up seeing it? My kids did not like it. I didn't expect them to and I tried to talk them out of it. Well, it was all really Rae's doing, Nolan wanted to see Sherlock Holmes. I saw the Jackie Chan movie with Naomi and Zoe, and it was typical but cute. He's cute.

The enchilada's are easy. Like the Chili recipe, it's easy to play around with.

You need a pound or so of chicken. You can cook chicken tenders in butter with taco seasoning, for several hours in the slow cooker. You could get a rotisserie chicken from the deli section of your local grocers, or cook a chicken whole in a slow cooker for about 8 hours. But either way, you need a good pound or two of chicken.

After your chicken is cooked, shred or chop. I like to add a can of chopped green chilies. A good cup or so of shredded cheese. Then you will want to put the chicken mixture in a flour tortilla and roll, and place in a 8 x 10 pan. Continue on until you've filled the pan. (or two) Pour a large can of red enchilada sauce over the enchilada's until fully covered. Sprinkle more cheese on top and bake until cheese is nice and bubbly.

Like I said, you can play with this. You could play with the different sauces and tortilla's. You could add olives to the top, if you like olives, etc.

I hope this helps. Did you ever make the chili?

I have much to do today. It's Tuesday but is like a Monday in the chores that I need to do after the weekend. Shopping, laundering, etc.

Love,
Lorinda

p.s. Wes is tinkering with his electric guitar as I write,
he's getting pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment