Thursday, November 12, 2009

Dear Lorinda,

What a sad day Monday was for you. Not only did you not get to go on your date, but you had a sick Zoe.

It rained all day here yesterday as well. And it has been raining all day today, as it's supposed to. Plus it's supposed to rain all day tomorrow. I'm not really one of those people that wishes for rain to go away. Unless, of course, I have big plans to be outside that rain ruins. To me, rainy weather is the perfect excuse to stay indoors, in comfy clothes, watching movies or reading a good book. Although, having a little one prohibits a whole lot of movie watching and book reading sometimes, I still welcome the rainy weather with open arms.

Last night I had to opportunity to go visit with a friend and her newborn baby. I probably should have made it a quick visit, but 2 hours later I was still sitting there enjoying holding the sweet little sleeping baby. When she all of a sudden decided to have a stinky diaper, I took that as a hint that I had overstayed my welcome and I should go home. As I sat there holding her, I was reminded of those first few months after little JT was born. Although it wasn't long ago, it seems like a lifetime ago. I wish I had enjoyed it a little more than I had. Babies are such miracles. I'm glad to have JT and I look forward to having more little miracles.

Now Lorinda, I can't believe you thought I ate a chopping blade! At Italian restaurants, mezzaluna's are half moon ravioli's. You should definitely give them a try!

I hope you are doing well and have survived all the rain!

XO
Ani

No comments:

Post a Comment