Thursday, September 17, 2009

Dear Lorinda,
My life isn't all that exciting. But it sure does seem like when it does get exciting it's all crammed into a short period of time! Monday I had to take little JT in for a doctors appointment. Tuesday I had an activity with church that I was in charge of. Last night I had my book club meeting. Today I had another church related responsibility and then another tomorrow. Then Saturday I have a baby shower to go to in the morning and then an historic homes show in the afternoon! See what I mean? So much crammed into one week. I much prefer to have things spread out.

Last night I had my monthly book club meeting. We all read "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society." As you know, it's a great book. I have talked to many people who have read it, and every single one of them has loved it! We enjoyed discussing the book. I even found something online saying that it will be made into a movie! I sure hope the movie is as great as the book is. As I was readying the book, I found myself thinking that I wish it were a movie too, but I didn't know how they'd make it work. But I'm sure they will.

The next book we will be reading is "The Secret Life of Bees." I saw the movie and really enjoyed it. And I do remember you saying that you really enjoyed the book. I do, however, fear that seeing the movie before reading the book may ruin it a little. Instead of gaining my own image of each character, I will be picturing the actors in the movie.

Little JT was so much fun yesterday. He was in a happy mood all day. He was so smiley and enjoyed playing with his toys and me. I don't think he ever cried yesterday. He did get a little upset when I was on the phone with Mom and he was getting tired. But other than that, it was a perfect day. It made all the hard days worth it. It was just such a good day!

I have heard of UFC, and for the life of me I just can't grasp the concept of it being enjoyable entertainment. It seems odd to me that Nolan enjoys it so much. But, as they say, to each their own.

I have to tell you, it hurts my feelings a little bit that it seems you don't mind too much that I won't be with you guys for Christmas. I surely thought that you would be heart broken. Instead, you were very understanding, which leads me to believe that you didn't truly appreciate my attendance in years past. I do hope you realize how boring it will probably be with out us there. Not to toot my own horn, but I am the life of the party at most of the parties I attend.

I must be going. I have a lot of things to get done, and perhaps if I stop writing you, I will be closer to getting those things accomplished. I hope this letter finds you well.

XO
Ani

No comments:

Post a Comment