Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Dear Lorinda,
I'm so glad that your cinnamon roll mystery was solved. I'm sure it must have been hard for you to see pancake cinnamon rolls you knew you'd have to serve to guests that were wait for non-pancake cinnamon rolls. I suppose I understand that you don't want to spend my entire visit in the kitchen. So I will let you stick to your original offer of crepes. But I do wonder if I can get Mom to make me some cinnamon rolls? I think she has some catching up to do since I didn't get any of them growing up. It seems only fair, don't you think?

Unfortunately, this letter isn't going to be filled with very much good news. First, Jud's back didn't get any better, and still hasn't gotten much better. He spent all day Saturday laying on the couch. We did decide to venture out for dinner. Which brings us to my second item of not very good news. For some reason we decided to dine at a place that has food buffet style. The quality of people and food was lacking. And there was too much of both to be able to bare it easily. I truly don't know what I was thinking going there, and I feel like our one little outing that we did get to do was a bust.

Now, for the third item. I regret to say that this may be more sad for you than it is for me. I don't really know how to say it, so I guess I will just come out with it. My family and I won't be attending your annual Christmas Eve party this year. I do believe this is the first time I will miss it, and miss it I will!! However, I haven't had an opportunity ever to spend Christmas with Jud's parents. So yesterday we bought tickets to go to Utah for the Christmas holiday. I'm very sad that I won't get to enjoy the food and entertainment that I generally get to with all of you. But I am excited that we finally get to be with Jud's family during that special time. I hope you can find it in your heart to understand and forgive me!

My fourth, and last item of sad news is sad for me, not you. Do you know how it is when you find a really good friend, and they can be hard to come by? I've only made a few of those since moving here to Virginia nine years ago. And unfortunately, one of them is leaving this week to live in Germany for two years. The only thing that could possibly be good about it is if I am able to convince Jud to go for a visit. How great would it be to go to Germany? And add on top of that having a good friend there to visit, who knows the language and can take me to all of the cool places. My friend even said that the area in Germany that they will be living is close enough to France, that if we went to visit we could probably fit France in too! How awesome would that be? I'm very excited about the idea, so hopefully Jud will give in to my pleadings! And I do have to say, I think my odds are greater in convincing him to go to Germany that I am in convincing him to let me have a cat!

Sorry this letter wasn't filled with very much good news. I promise my next letter will be happier. But maybe you have some fun things to share with me. Perhaps the details of your second sons 18th birthday, and the fact that you now have two kids that are old enough to vote!

I look forward to hearing from you.

XO
Ani

No comments:

Post a Comment