Monday, September 21, 2009

Dear Ani,

Oh me oh my, I think I shall jump right into the last part of your letter to me, and I don't know that you are going to like it. But if you know me well enough (and by golly, don't you?), this should not be a surprise to you.

You asked- If you were a shoe, what kind of shoe would you be?

Now I think of myself as having quite the imagination. As a matter of fact, I know I do. However, this question I cannot answer. This reminds me of when I was in high school I was selected to go to an art school for drama, which was to be a very high honor, for a day of the arts. As a matter of fact, I was invited to go to two classes and I had to choose one. Either visual arts or drama. I was the only one from my school to be asked to go for drama and several people from my school were invited to go for visual arts. Now most girls nowadays would pick to go with her friends, but that never bothered me, I was however torn between two loves. I liked the idea that I was the only one representing my school for drama though. It was exciting, the whole event. My memory from that day are two things, 1) the teacher talked of hoping none of us were cheerleaders because of what the yelling did to one's voice. I was a cheerleader. 2) He wanted us, at one point, to act like a bird acting like a desk. Get that? He wanted us to pretend we were an animal that was pretending to be an inanimate object.

I was done.

That was about the most ridiculous thing I'd ever heard! Pretend to of lost a loved one, I could do. Pretend to be a bird, I could do. Pretend to be in love, sure. But to be a bird pretending to be a desk was just stupid.

There you have my lack of imagination to an extent. I don't know what color crayon I would be if I were a crayon, but I can tell you what colors I love. I don't know what shoe I would be, although I can tell you that I do like my flip flops.

Is that disappointing?

Do you have an answer for yourself?

How was your weekend? Mine was fine. I finished two books, neither one is something I would recommend to you though.

Do we have any plans for when you are in South Carolina? Will I only see you Saturday for the family dinner or do you think you can come down and visit me? Having kids in school sure make me visiting there difficult. We will have to make something work.

Love,
Lorinda

No comments:

Post a Comment